The global shortenings market is projected to reach USD 6,208.0 Million by 2028 from USD 4,325.2 Million in 2020 in terms of value, at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2020. Shortenings enrich the moistness, fineness, and uniformity of grain, and keeping quality. If either margarine or butter is used, the flavor also is imparted; hydrogenated shortening ordinarily is used in cake, however. The efficiency of shortenings has been increased in recent years by the addition of surfactants, which facilitate emulsification and air incorporation and dispersion in batters. This is often because of features like more durability and cheaper than animal-based shortenings. The Asia Pacific held a dominant position within the global shortenings market and contributed maximum revenue share. Factors like the expansion of the food & beverage industry besides growing usage of shortenings in multiple food preparation applications are predicted to drive the expansion of the Asia Pacific shortenings market shortly.
To get a FREE sample copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2879
Growing emphasis on expansion and intake of fat-free food commodity enhance the shortenings market demand, emphasis on adoption of healthy consumption of products from the various regions of the world also speed ups the development of the shortening market and demands for plant-sourced shortenings over animal-sourced due to its easy availability and cost-effective in nature acts as a major market driver. Though, availability of functional foods that claim to improve health by providing assistance beyond that of the traditional nutrients it contains. Functional foods include items as cereals, bread, beverages that are mixed with vitamins, some herbs, and nutraceuticals hinders the market growth and further distresses about the lack of nutritional aids and valuable ingredients being destroyed during their production process acts as a restricting factor for shortenings market growth.
The key players of the market are Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Cargill (U.S.), AAK AB (Sweden), Wilmar International Limited (Singapore), and Bunge Limited (U.S.). Other players in this segment include Manildra Group (Australia), Associated British Foods (U.K.), Ventura Foods, LLC (U.S.), ConAgra Brands (U.S.).
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Shortenings market on the basis of ingredient, mode of variant, source and region:
Based on Key Ingredient, the market has been segmented as follows: (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
Based on Source, the market has been segmented as follows: (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
Based on Variant, the market has been segmented as follows: (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
Based on Application, the market has been segmented as follows: (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
- Bakery products
- Confectionery products
- Snacks & savory products
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Buy now your Exclusive copy of Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/2879
Further key findings from the shortenings report suggest
- The shortenings market is divided into plant-based and animal-based divisions. The plant-based division is accounted for the most important share in terms of revenue. The plant-based sector contributed to over 84.3% of the entire revenue within the worldwide shortening market in 2020.
- The oil segment is estimated to be the largest share in the market, in terms of value, in 2020. The vegetable oils such as palm oil, soybean oil, canola oil, and olive oil are used in the production of shortenings. Palm oil is the most widely preferred key ingredient in shortenings, as it is economical, compared to butter. Consumption patterns in urban demographics, influenced by busy lifestyles, represent an enhanced need for convenience and yet healthy products.
- The APAC segment accounts for the largest revenue share in the global shortenings market and is projected to continue its dominance growing at a CAGR 5.9% during the forecast period. Easy accessibility of palm oil and growing demand for baked commodities such as biscuits, pastries, cakes, and bread are the significant factors predicted to drive the market in the region. Extending the confectionery market in the Asia Pacific is expected to drive demand over the forecast period.
- Besides, Europe held the second-largest position in the global market due to the growing production of confectionery products.
- Due to dominance of APAC region and to serve the region in a better way, ABF announced joint venture with Wilmar International in 2020, the venture will obtain the Chinese yeast and bakery ingredients activities of AB Mauri, a division of ABF, and will leverage Yihai Kerry Arawana’s supply chain, sales, and distribution network and local business expertise in China. The joint venture will also build and operate a new yeast plant co-located with Wilmar’s food processing plant in the Taha industrial zone in Qiqihar City, China, significantly increasing capacity and cost-competitive production combined with a traditional portfolio of products which will speed up the demand of the bakery products heading to the growth of shortenings market.
Key Features of the Shortenings Market Report:
- Detailed assessment and exhaustive understanding of the Shortenings Market
- Significant insights into manufacturing processes, major barriers, and risks
- 8-year forecast estimation to offer information about the market size and market share on the global and regional levels
- Evaluation of the key drivers, restraints, growth opportunities, threats, limitations, barriers, and other key elements
- Identification of growth prospects and potential for the Shortenings industry
- Comprehensive analysis of the key market players and their strategies
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/shortenings-market
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the customization feature, please get in touch with us and our team will ensure the report is customized to meet your requirements.
Explore Reports and Data’s Prime Analysis of the global Foods & Beverage:
- Dairy Products Market Size, Share & Share By Product Type, By Application and By Region, Forecast to 2028
- Seaweed Snacks Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type And By Region, And Forecast To 2027
- Tobacco Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product Type And By Region, Forecast To 2028
- Roll-Your-Own Tobacco Product Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type And By End-Use, And By Region Forecast To 2027
- Fruit Snacks Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application And By Region Forecast To 2028
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Read Full Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-shortenings-market
Purushottam Raj Gaurav is part of a talented team of content writers working at Emergen Research, fastest growing market research firms in the industry. He has experience in developing quality content and is currently involved in writing articles, press releases, and blogs for the company. He is highly motivated and enjoys putting ideas and thoughts into words to enable the reader to experience a seamless perusal.