According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Food Extrusion market was valued at USD 58.75 Billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 87.86 Billion by year 2026, at a CAGR of 5.1%. Food extrusion is an important part of food processing technology, as it aids in manufacturing various food products of specific shapes and sizes. Major reasons driving market growth are the changing consumer lifestyles and the growing demand for healthy processed foods and snacks. Food extrusion also has many attached benefits in the form of bringing down the number of microorganisms in foods and removing natural toxins, thereby making the foods safer for consumption. Research has shown that cooking fibers by the process of extrusion can produce changes in the structural characteristics of the fiber and physiochemical properties, while the main effect being a redistribution of the insoluble fiber to soluble fiber. Proteins are more reactive and can undergo many changes during the extrusion process of which the most important being denaturation. Enzymes, which are also a type of proteins, lose their activity after being submitted to the extrusion process due to the high temperatures and pressure.
To get a FREE sample copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2054
By region, Asia Pacific holds the largest share in the global market and will also grow at a fast rate on account of an expanding consumer base and growth in food technologies. The stringent food regulation mechanisms in some countries along with high processing time for product approvals form some significant barriers for the growth of the market. Top market players are adopting various growth strategies such as undertaking investments in new facilities, forming partnerships and exploiting the demand for functional foods in the market. Market players are exploiting market opportunities for functional foods by providing equipment that aid fast extrusion and efficient mixing outputs. The focus is at enlarging the processing sizes, while simultaneously delivering uniformity in sizes.
Key players profiled in the report include American Extrusion International, Bühler, The Bonnot Company, Baker Perkins, Akron Tool & Die, Coperion, Flexicon, Groupe Legris Industries, Triott Group, Lindquist Machine.
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Food Extrusion market on the basis of product type, extruder, process and region:
Product Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Savoury Snacks
- Breakfast Cereals
- Flours & Starches
- Textured Protein
- Functional Ingredients
Extruder (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Single Screw Extruders
- Twin Screw Extruders
- Contra Twin Screw Extruders
Process (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Cold Extrusion
- Hot Extrusion
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2016–2026)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Buy now your Exclusive copy of Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/2054
Further key findings from the report suggest-
- By product type, the savory snacks segment holds the largest share in the food extrusion market. Changing customer lifestyles and a western trend in diets in the developing economies is increasing use of food extrusion in these segments.
- As of 2018, savory snacks held a share of 35.6% in the market and were the dominant category, by product.
- By product type, the functional ingredients segment held a market share of 11.4% in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
- Breakfast cereals are a growing application segment of food extrusion. Manufacturers have experimented with cereal designs for several years in order to make them more appealing for the customers, while standing out in the market. The application segment is growing fast because of high demand in the developing economies.
- By extruder type, the twin extruder segment holds the dominant market share. Their popularity arises out of the fact that they consumer significantly lower energy in comparison to single screw extruders.
- Single screw extruders hold the second largest share in the global food extrusion market. Most extruders till date are designed as being single screwed, where this screw helps in imparting the required shape to the products.
- Top companies are exploiting market opportunities for functional foods by providing equipment that aid fast extrusion and efficient mixing outputs. The focus is at enlarging the processing sizes, while simultaneously delivering uniformity in sizes.
- By process, the hot extrusion segment holds the larger market share. The method is very popular as it helps in developing a fixed cross-sectional profile for various products such as breakfast cereals.
- By region, Asia Pacific holds the largest share in the global food extrusions market. The growing demand for extruded snacks and processed foods in the region along with the rising disposable incomes of the consumers are driving market growth.
- Europe is also a growing region for the food extrusion market. The high demand for functional foods along with experimentation in product designs by manufacturers is driving the growth of the market. The region is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% through the forecasted period.
- The food extrusion market is home to many new innovations, that are helping in advanced and up-to-date product offerings. For example, in December 2018, Bruno Peter AG expanded its production facility by procuring a specific model of Cooperon’s twin screw extruder.
Key Features of the Food Extrusion Market Report:
- The report offers a comprehensive analysis of the changing competitive dynamics.
- Provides a futuristic outlook on the key market drivers and restraining factors.
- A comprehensive 8-year forecast of the market and its expected growth rate and pattern.
- In-depth analysis of the key product segments and application spectrum
- Provides strategic recommendations to the established companies and new entrants to provide a competitive advantage over the other companies.
- Comprehensive analysis of the key regions of the industry and provides a SWOT analysis and Porter’s Five Forces analysis to impart a deeper understanding of the market.
Request for customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2054
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the customization feature, please get in touch with us and our team will ensure the report is customized to meet your requirements.
Explore Reports and Data’s Prime Analysis of the global FMCG Industry:
- Starch Derivatives Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Application, By Type and By Region Forecast To 2027
- Food And Beverage Mechanical Seals Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application, And By Region Forecast To 2028
- Aseptic Processing Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application and By Region, Global Forecast To 2028
- Prepared Food Equipment Market Size, Share & Trends, By Product and By Application Forecasts To 2027
- Pet Food Processing Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product, By Application and Forecasts To 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Read Full Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-food-extrusion-market
Purushottam Raj Gaurav is part of a talented team of content writers working at Emergen Research, fastest growing market research firms in the industry. He has experience in developing quality content and is currently involved in writing articles, press releases, and blogs for the company. He is highly motivated and enjoys putting ideas and thoughts into words to enable the reader to experience a seamless perusal.