According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Prebiotic Ingredients market was valued at USD 5,568.7 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 11.48 Billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 9.30%. Prebiotic ingredients are non-digestible food substances that are useful in improving digestive health by promoting formation of healthy bacteria in the gut and improving production of valuable vitamins in the body. High-Fiber functional foods are being increasingly demanded across the globe as consumer incomes are rising and there is an increased awareness about the health benefits of such foods. Prebiotic ingredients acts as a nutritional boosters in food, beverages and animal feed.
The market has witnessed encouraging growth in the developed world during the last decade. It is gradually penetrating into the developing economies in the Asia Pacific and Latin America region. Rising cases of disease and growing awareness about healthier consumption are the major factors driving market growth. High production costs and stringent regulations on the trade of these products are the present restraints for the growth of this market.
To get a FREE sample copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2070
Companies considered and profiled in the market report
BENEO, Cargill, DuPont, FrieslandCampina, Tereos SA, Ingredion Inc., Carbiotix, Evolve Biosystems, BioNeutra, and Stratum Nutrition, among others
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Prebiotic Ingredients market on the basis of brand, functionality, bacterial activity, type, source, application and region:
Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Mannan-Oligosaccharide (MOS)
- Galacto-Oligosaccharide (GOS)
- Fructo-Oligosaccharide (FOS)
Source (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Bacterial Activity (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Lactic Acid Bacteria
Functionality (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Gut Health
- Cardiovascular Health
- Bone Health
- Weight Management
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Fortified Food and Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Instant Food Formula
- Animal Feed
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Buy now your Exclusive copy of Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/2070
Further key findings from the report suggest-
- On the basis of application, food and beverages holds the largest share in the global market. Due to an increasing consumer demand for health-based and nutritionally enhanced foods, the market is flourishing in this application segment.
- Animal feed is also an important application segment for the global market. Manufacturers are readily focusing on solutions to improve the intestinal health of animals for healthier upbringing of both farm animals and pets.
- Food fortification is an important driver behind the industry growth of the industry. Nutritional enhancement of food is a part of public health policy in many places to lower the cases of dietary deficiencies in the population.
- On the basis of source, Roots holds the largest share in the industry. It is because of the ease and large volume of extraction possible that manufacturers prefer this source the most.
- Grain-based sources form the second largest source base for the market due to its high availability of grains in developed and developing economies. Also, the nutritional content of grains is high and makes them a suitable source for manufacture of prebiotic substances.
- Bone mass of an adult is dependent on supply as well as bioavailability of calcium. In either cases of deficiency osteoporosis is prone to occur and in addition to this it is highly associated with increasing age and postmenopausal conditions. Presently, osteoporosis treatment and prevention is restricted to increasing calcium uptake, or by stimulating bone formation. Even though, a lot of studies have been carried out on calcium metabolism using rats, results depicted that prebiotics play a role in escalating the bioavailability of calcium.
- Despite the favorable growth scenario, there are hurdles for industry to grow such as heavy production costs and the low awareness among the differences in probiotic and prebiotic food substances.
- One of the major food sources for prebiotics and other colonic bacteria are dietary complex carbohydrates, such as oligosaccharides and polysaccharides that can escape hydrolysis and digestion in the stomach and small intestine. These are called no digestible oligosaccharides, or simply NDO
- In recent years, consumer interest in the relation between diet and health has increased the demand for correct information on prebiotics and has become a growing segment in the industry. This growth has been enhanced by technological innovations, development of new products, and the increasing number of health-conscious consumers interested in products that improve life quality.
- Prebiotics are manufactured by enzymatic processes; for example, NDO can be enzymatically prepared by connecting carbohydrate monomers to generate “longer” oligosaccharides, or they can be ready by enzymatic decomposition of polysaccharides into smaller oligosaccharides.
- By region, Europe holds the largest share in the industry. Manufacturers in the region are readily venturing into new product areas, thereby increasing the applicability of these non-digestible nutrition enhancing food substances.
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR in the industry. The increasing consumer awareness about healthy food consumption and the increasing consumer spending on nutritionally enhanced products is driving industry growth.
Key insights presented in the report:
- Market revenue shares by major business players, by type, application, and market scope of global Prebiotic Ingredients market
- Sales revenue by key players and new entrants
- Competitive analysis of key players, including company overview, product or services specification, vendors, and buyers.
- Recent mergers, acquisitions, product launches, recent investments, and joint ventures
- Regional analysis to provide insight into recent trends and opportunities.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/prebiotic-ingredients-market
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the customization feature, please get in touch with us and our team will ensure the report is customized to meet your requirements.
Explore Reports and Data’s Prime Analysis of the global Food Ingredients:
- Lactic Acid Market Size, Share & Share By Product Type and By Region, Forecast to 2027
- Food Ingredients Sterilization Market Size, Trends & Analysis, By Type And Regional Forecast Over 2017-2027
- Food-grade Potassium Metabisulfite Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application and Regional Forecast over 2017-2027
- Feed Yeast Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product Type, By Application, By Region, Forecast To 2028
- Fruit Snacks Market Size, Trends & Analysis, By Type, By Application, By Region, Forecasts To 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Read Full Press Release: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-prebiotic-ingredients-market
Purushottam Raj Gaurav is part of a talented team of content writers working at Emergen Research, fastest growing market research firms in the industry. He has experience in developing quality content and is currently involved in writing articles, press releases, and blogs for the company. He is highly motivated and enjoys putting ideas and thoughts into words to enable the reader to experience a seamless perusal.