In the world of cybersecurity, penetration testing, also known as “ethical hacking,” is at the center of everything. Expertise and certifications in this area are very important. It’s an interesting job because it’s legal to do things that would be illegal outside of it.
Certified Ethical Hacking has become the top choice for most people, and getting the necessary skills and credentials, like experience and certification, has become very important. Often, people have asked if it’s worth it to become a certified ethical hacker. Let’s find out in this post if it’s worth it.
Building a Career as Certified Ethical Hacker
Is it worth it to get a Certified Ethical Hacker certification? The Certified Ethical Hacker is a well-known certification for pen testing that is easy to get and well-known. The Certified Ethical Hacker is a great first certification for penetration testing because most other certifications are either not as well known or harder to get.
Let’s start by talking about Certified Ethical Hackers and why you should use this world-famous penetration testing certification to start your career in cyber security.
Learn What It Takes to Become a Certified Ethical Hacker.
The Certified Ethical Hacker exam is a certification test given by the EC-Council. It focuses on penetration testing. It is not the most basic certification that the EC-Council offers, but it is the one that focuses most on penetration testing.
EC-Council says that the Certified Ethical Hacker program is meant to certify “individuals in the globally unique security discipline of Ethical Hacking from a vendor-neutral point of view.”
- What Are the Types of Ethical Hacking?
- Is Ethical Hacking a Good Career Choice and How Does “Ethical Hacking” Help Keep Computers Safe?
- What Is Ethical Hacking and How Does It Work?
Here are the five steps of ethical hacking that are important for passing the CEH EC-Council exam. Professionals also need to know how to use hacking tools that are common in their field.
Why is It a Good Idea to Become a Certified Ethical Hacker? What Are the Pros of It?
The Certified Ethical Hacker Certification is recognized all over the world and has become the gold standard for many companies when hiring pen-testers and people in other cyber security jobs. With that in mind, as well as the fact that the CEH exam covers a lot of information, it’s a good idea to try to get it.
- This is the right certification for you if you are serious about learning and want to know a little bit about ethical hacking. If your goal is to become a “super-hacker,” you may want to get a different, more difficult certification.
- There are many other ways to study for the CEH exam and penetration testing in general that can be found online. You can start exploring right away and learning.
- There are a lot of benefits to getting the Certified Ethical Hacker certification. Here are some of the most important things to think about before taking the CEH exam.
- The best thing about the Certified Ethical Hacker is that it is a credential that is recognized all over the world.
- People in the middle of their careers should get a CEH certification. There are, however, some basic requirements for taking the test. All you need is two years’ worth of experience.
CEH is a well-known certification, and many people who work in HR try to get it. Because of this, it can help people get a job interview. The ECC has a lot of things to help you prepare for the CEH exam.
To their credit, they keep the information up-to-date by making changes to it often. There are many resources besides the ECC that can help you prepare for the CEH. These include study guides, practice tests, and other online resources. But the many choices and a large amount of information might be hard to handle.
When compared to other IT and cybersecurity certification tests, the majority of questions on the CEH test are pretty simple. If you understand the rules, you should be able to spot the wrong answers. The goal is to find at least two wrong answers out of the four possible ones. This will leave you with two choices and a 50/50 chance of picking the right one.
You can take the CEH test at home if you want to. This is a good option for people who live in the country and can’t get to a testing center. This choice was made available mostly because of the global epidemic, but because it’s so popular, it’s likely to stay around in the future as well.
- Having the title “Certified Ethical Hacker” is cool, and it’s likely to get a conversation going at a party with someone who doesn’t work in cyber security.
- Payscale.com says that a CEH holder’s average annual salary will be USD 83,000 in 2021, with a bonus that can be anywhere from USD 1,000 to USD 155,000.
- The Certified Ethical Hacker certification is a great choice if you want to be or are an ethical hacker or penetration tester, or if you work or will work in an IT or cybersecurity field that focuses on system security. Even people who work on the defensive, like cybersecurity analysts and people who respond to incidents, can benefit from getting a certification in penetration testing.
- Many cybersecurity experts have noticed online that the Human Resources department, recruiters, and hiring managers often accept the CEH certification, regardless of whether or not it is valid. It is without question a good investment.