Does the Owlet app on your phone not work? Do you have problems with the Camera, Live reading, Smart Sock, connecting to the base station, opening the app, or having it crash? I’ll show you how to fix those problems here.
How to Fix Why My Owlet App Isn’t Working in 2022
Owlet Baby Cares, Inc. made the Owlet app so that you can connect your Owlet product to your phone and stream it from anywhere.
With this app, you can use compatible products like the Smart Sock and the Owlet cam live on your Android or iOS phone.
But sometimes, the Owlet app doesn’t work right for some users.
For instance, a lot of people complained that-
- This doesn’t work with the Baby cam or the Smart sock.
- I couldn’t get on the WiFi.
- The app won’t open, and when you try to open it, it crashes.
- It can’t link up with the base station.
- It says connecting for a long time but not connect.
- Having problems, Server errors, and other problems with the network.
- If you are also having trouble with the Owlet app not working, this post will help.
Not Showing Reading on Owlet App
This is the mistake that would cause you to see dashes instead of the word “living” below the section on heart rate.
You might be getting this error because-
- The internet could be cut off from the Base station.
- Sock could be cut off from the base station.
- Sock wants to get an accurate reading.
Because of any of these things, the Owlet app won’t show you what you’ve been reading.
If you’re having this problem, here’s one way to fix it:
- First, make sure that the small green light on the left side of the Base station is on. If it isn’t, you need to connect your base station to WiFi.
- You’ll also need to make sure the small light on the right side of the bottom is also on.
- This could mean that the sock is linked to the base station. If it isn’t, put the sock and base station back together.
- Check how big the smart sock is. Check to see if that sock fits well.
- The sensors should be in the middle of the sock’s holes.
- Check that the electronic’s round head is in the sock and in the right place.
If you do everything right, you should be able to see Live reading again if you follow the steps.
Owlet App Can’t Connect to the Camera
You might see error codes when setting up Baby Cam or a spinning circle with Connecting or Loading, but it won’t connect no matter how long you wait.
Here’s what you can do if the Owlet app can’t connect to the camera:
- Check to see if the Cam has power. Make sure the status lights are on as well.
- If the status lights are off, unplug and replug the camera.
- If the status lights flash blue, it means that WiFi isn’t connected. Check the WiFi and fix it if it’s broken.
- If the Status lights are solidly blue or purple, you need to Force-Close the Owlet and relaunch it to see if this fixes the problem.
- If all the lights are solid red, you have to force close the app and all devices. Wait until all the lights turn blue, then open the app again.
There are a few other things you need to know.
- If you want dedicated resources to work well, your WiFi upload speed should be more than 2.0 MBPS.
- Everyone knows that you should always use the most recent version.
- You should be using a 2.4GHz AP band for your Wi-Fi network. You can’t use the 5 GHz AP band.
The app couldn’t get in touch with the Owlet sock.
If the owlet app can’t connect to the sock, it means that your smart sock isn’t paired with the base station.
So, you have to connect the base station to the smart sock.
Here’s how to put them together-
- Plug the base station into the wall and the smart sock into the base station.
- If you have more than one unit, don’t plug them all in at once. Instead, set up each one separately. When one is signed up, the same goes for the other.
- If the Owlet app is open on any device, you must force it to close before you can move on.
- Turn the base station upside down and quickly press the small square button three times. You should press the button three times in 3 seconds.
- There will be a beep. When you heard the beep, you had to push the big round button twice. Within 2 seconds, you should press it.
- The beep will sound again.
- Now, wait for 2 to 3 minutes before opening the Owlet app and trying to connect it to the sock.
The Owlet App Can’t Link Up With the Base Station.
If the Owlet app can’t connect to the base station, it could be because the Wi-Fi connection between the base station and the app is broken.
If Wi-Fi isn’t working at the base, it could be because of any of the following:
- Something is going wrong with your home WiFi.
- The internet router may not be able to reach the base station.
- It’s possible that your Internet isn’t working right.
- The app might be displaying the wrong status.
Here’s what you can do to fix this error-
The app is showing the wrong status.
If you know the Base station is connected to WiFi but the app shows the wrong status, here’s what to do:
- Tap the icon for the Owlet app and hold it until you see the settings menu.
- Choose storage setting.
- Clear the cache and history of the app.
- Start your phone over.
- And sign in to the app again.
- Now, try to get the base station to connect.
WiFi isn’t linked to the base station.
- Check the lights on your WiFi and the Base station to make sure that they are both working.
- If they aren’t linked, link them up.
- Check to see if other devices can connect to the internet.
- If you can use the internet and the base station is connected to WiFi, you need to reset your WiFi router.
Not Working Owlet App History
If you connect the app to the smart sock, the Live reading will start, and you can watch it on your phone.
Along with living reading, this app gives you a Reading history that you can check at any time by going to the History tab.
If the sock is connected and you have live reading, you shouldn’t see this problem.
It happens, and most likely it’s a problem with the server.
If a server is down, being worked on, has a glitch, or has bugs, all you can do is wait until the problem is fixed.
Owlet App Won’t Open: Crashes on Startup
Some users are having trouble with the app and can’t open it.
Like if they tap the app icon and nothing happens.
In some cases, the app opens and then crashes right away.
Some of the most likely reasons for this mistake could be-
- The app doesn’t work with your phone.
- You get the Owlet Apk file from the internet, but it doesn’t work on your device.
- You’re using a version that is very, very old and no longer supported.
- Owlet needs Android 7.0, and both the iPhone and the iPod touch need iOS 13.0 or a later version.
So, if you are sure that your phone is compatible, here’s what you can do to stop the Owlet app from crashing:
- If you got the app from somewhere other than an official app store, you need to uninstall it.
- If there is a new version of the app, you should update it.
- If the app data is broken, this message may show up. Then you need to clear the cache and app data.
- Once you’ve cleared your phone’s cache and app data, try to use this app again.
Does Owlet Work Even When the App Isn’t Open?
No, you do not have to have this app open all the time for it to work.
The reading that is sent to your base station will be automatically collected and saved to history.
You can look at all the data from the History tab.
As for the notification, you will get an alert, and even if the app is closed, you will still see the alert.
But there may be apps or settings on your phone that limit background activity that you should be aware of.
For example, some apps that help save battery life limit what the app can do in the background.
If you use these kinds of apps, just add owlet to the list of apps that should be allowed to work.
So, that’s all there is to know about why the Owlet app won’t work and how to fix it.
If you have any questions about this subject, you can leave them in the comments section.